Even though things look different than they usually do, the BSM is still committed to developing lifelong followers of Christ. The BSM is not about only gathering together physically. Scattering God's people is a key component for the spread of the gospel! We want students to engage with the gospel, grow in Christ, and go proclaim Him to the world. Historically, we have done this with meetings in person at UTD, but now we are moving virtually. And you can be a part of it!
We will not have Free Lunch or other large group gatherings until further notice, but here's what's available to you online!
- Discord - This is a platform we are using for most of our communication/announcements. If you want to stay in the know and get the links to Zoom calls as we post them, then tell us you want to join our Discord server!
- Grow Teams - Exploring Christianity and growing in your faith is better with others. Join one of our small groups and find authentic community and encouragement to live out your faith and make a difference at UTD. Want to join a Grow Team? Let us know here and we'll get you connected.
- Social Media - Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
- Discipleship - Discipleship is meeting regularly with another person to help you grow in your relationship with God. It’s a focused time where spiritual growth and knowing Jesus better are the goals. If you want to start being discipled by someone via Zoom, tell us!
Reminders For You
- God is still on His throne. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) God is in control when we feel like things are falling apart, and we can trust Him. In Christ, God gives us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7) Christians believe in a God who is loving and unchanging, and has the way to fix the brokenness we experience in the world because of our rebellion against Him. To see this explained, click here! And if you have questions or a response to the question posed in this video, we would love to talk about it if you reach out.
- The gospel call has not changed. Jesus said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20) Social distancing is physical, and doesn't mean relational distancing- reach out to people! There are so many ways to do this. Find ways to stay connected and encourage one another.
- We are here for you. The BSM staff loves you! If you need someone to talk to, we are here to listen and share truth. Want us to pray for you? Share with us how!
- Don't live in fear. This means don't buy into hysteria, don't believe everything you hear, and don't spend all your time scrolling social media! Go outside. Read a book. Take a walk. And if you want to see reliable sources with advisable measures to take, you can check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the World Health Organization. It is wise to take certain actions (please wash your hands!) but not to succumb to anxiety and panic.